- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Other titles in the Lonely Planet Dubai & Abu Dhabi series:
Lonely Planet Dubai (Lonely Planet Dubai)by Terry Carter
Synopses & Reviews
Flashy, fun, very now, yet distinctly Arabian, Dubai"s allure lies in its contrasts. The sound of the muezzin"s call to prayer cuts through DJs spinning the latest wax at hip clubs. Traditional architecture blends with modern constructions like something out of science fiction. Modern souqs are fairytale interpretations of old-school bazaars. Whatever your bent, this smart and streetwise guidebook has the city covered.
Treat Yourself - from sprawling souqs to mammoth malls, our authors have hand-picked the best places to bag yourself a bargain.
Dine Out - from a simple street shawarma to haute cuisine, our reviews pinpoint the best of the bunch.
Find The Nightlife - whether you"re here for the sheesha or the shakin", we"ll help you find your scene.
Sleep In Style - informative reviews of the best luxury hotels, beach resorts and top-value budget options make the decisions easy.
Make Tracks with day trips to Hatta, the Buraimi Oasis and Abu Dhabi.
With strong coverage of Dubai's emerging culinary scene, fully mapped walking tours, and extensive coverage of the surrounding emirates and Oman, this book, written by Dubai residents, is a testimony to the recent tourism boom that sees a 15 percent annual increase.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like