- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
This title in other editions
Lonely Planet Paris (Lonely Planet Paris)by Lonely Planet
Synopses & Reviews
From the heights of Sacr Coeur to the gently rolling Seine, feel the joie de vivre of Europe"s crowning glory. Watch Parisian life pass you by from an outdoor caf, deck yourself out in fashion finery or escape on an enticing excursion to a chateau. With discerning information on everything Paris has to offer, this guide gives you the city at your fingertips.
Be Awestruck - the city is an open-air gallery and this book your private tour guide.
Flash That Credit Card - from haute couture to flea markets our expert authors take you inside the Parisian shopping scene.
Rest Your Tete - we"ve trawled the streets of Paris to bring you this hand-picked selection of sleeping establishments.
Devour the world"s finest cuisine with our delectable eating reviews.
Find Your Way around with our 32 easy-to-use color maps.
Expert coverage of cuisine, restaurants, and food markets will thrill gourmands. Coverage of all the must-see attractions, insider tips on getting to know the real Paris, and itineraries and walking tours will help visitors make the most of their time in the City of Love.
Discover which iconic landmark, nicknamed 'the metal asparagus,' was almost torn down - and why
Assemble a gourmet picnic of bread, cheese and fruit at the open-air Marche Bastille
Unwind as Parisians do with a stroll or a snooze at the Jardin du Luxembourg
Sample North Africa tajine and contemplate Moorish architecture at the Mosquee de Paris
In This Guide
Two authors, over 600 hours of in-city research, 41 detailed maps, five walking tours
Full-color highlights of the best neighborhoods, museums and culinary feasts
Wine and food-pairing tips from one of the world's most celebrated sommeliers
Content updated daily - visit lonelyplanet.com for up-to-the-minute reviews, updates and traveler insights
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like