- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
This item may be
Check for Availability
Other titles in the Lonely Planet Florence & Tuscany series:
Lonely Planet Tuscany & Umbria (Lonely Planet Tuscany & Umbria)by Miles Roddis
Synopses & Reviews
Beyond the magnificent Renaissance cities is a rolling landscape crying out for exploration, whether it's bustling markets and medieval hill towns, drowsy piazzas and ancient vineyards, or frenetic festivals and thermal springs. With detailed regional coverage, this definitive guide to Tuscany and Umbria is the key to your perfect getaway.
Treasure Hunt - tracking down fine art or hunting great espresso, our in-depth descriptions ensure you find the region's hidden gems.
Escape - leave the crowds behind with detours to local haunts and insider tips for getting off the beaten track.
Wine & Dine - from family-run trattorie to truffle festivals, seek out the regions' outstanding cuisine with over 250 refined restaurant reviews.
Know Your Way - inspirational itineraries and comprehensive maps help you plan ahead and get the most from your holiday.
Packed with practical advice plus cultural and historical background, this bestselling guide includes a driving map, advice on villa rental, and detailed itineraries.
Discover Tuscany &Umbria
Find heaven on earth in the buone frescoes of Giotto, Cimabue, Pinturicchio and Lorenzetti
Trade those Manolos and museums for barns and bunnies in our special rundown of rural residences
Break bread with celebrity restaurateur Fabio Picchi at members club Teatro del Sale
Trek, sail or ride around shimmering Lake Trasimeno and enjoy that dolce far niente
In This Guide:
Language, cookery, wine-tasting and jewellery courses - you name it, our authors have checked it out
Book in and bed down at the best-value accommodation in the region
Don't just take our word for it; see what travelers are saying at lonelyplanet.com
Fourth edition with full-colour gatefold driving map and detailed itineraries.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying