- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Lonely Planet Estonia Latvia & Lithuania (Lonely Planet Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania)by Nicola Williams
Synopses & Reviews
Explore beautifully preserved architecture in medieval Tallinn, Art-Nouveau Riga or baroque Vilnius, the Baltics" dynamic capitals. Cycle around Estonia"s islands, cross-country ski in Latvia or scale the sand dunes of Lithuania"s Curonian Spit. Whatever your pleasure, this bestselling guide will help you connect with this inspirational region.
Sweat It Out in a sauna or comb the countryside for berries and mushrooms - plan your trip with our dedicated activities chapter
Dream Sweetly in family-run guesthouses or boutique hotels - reviews to suit everyone
In-Depth Language Section - useful Estonian, Latvian and Lithuanian phrases and food glossaries
Get Around - detailed maps and itineraries to help you navigate the three countries
Be In The Know - in-depth history and culture chapters explain the region"s past and present
Nobody knows Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania like Lonely Planet. Our 5th edition has all you need to plan a trip to these three fascinating countries - lose yourself in medieval Tallinn, test your adrenalin-sport limits in Gauja National Park, or party with the locals in festival-heavy Vilnius.
Lonely Planet guides are written by experts who get to the heart of every destination they visit. This fully updated edition is packed with accurate, practical and honest advice, designed to give you the information you need to make the most of your trip.
In This Guide:
Features interviews with locals, including the former president of Latvia.
Includes full-color sections featuring highlights and the best outdoor activities
Unique Green Index for easy reference to the most sustainable options.
Fourth edition covering all aspects of Baltic life: culture, history, beaches, activities, eating, nature and big sights.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like