- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Lonely Planet Italy 7TH Editionby Lonely Planet
Synopses & Reviews
Buzz through Rome on a scooter, cook up a feast in Tuscany, float down Venice’s Grand Canal and hang out with the glitterati on the Amalfi Coast – Italy is the real deal. Make sure you are pointing in the right direction with this best-selling guide.
EXPLORE – in-depth coverage takes you beyond the classic cities into the heart of Italy's rolling countryside, craggy mountains and tiny hilltop towns.
PUT IT IN CONTEXT – detailed history, culture, art and food chapters help you get under the skin of this incredibly diverse country.
HATCH A PLAN – inspirational itineraries and comprehensive practical information enable you to make the most of your time in Italy.
STAY IN STYLE – whether it’s a cosy B&B for a night or a week in Puglia’s trulli, our listings deliver.
DINE OUT – from humble trattorie to fine-dining institutions, our hand-picked reviews highlight the best of Italy's regional cuisine.
Ski off-piste, trek the Dolomites or shoot the rapids on the river Lao
Heed the command 'tutti a tavola!' and begin an epic journey around the Italian table
Thumb the latest fumetti or debate Fellini's finer points after you've read our Culture chapter
Compare classical columns with state-of-the-art structures from international architects
In This Guide:
Language, cookery and wine courses - you name it, our authors have checked it out
Book in and bed down at the best-value accommodation
Visit lonelyplanet.com for reviews, updates and traveler suggestions
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like