- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Lonely Planet Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula (Lonely Planet Oman, Uae & Arabian Peninsula)by Lonely Planet
Synopses & Reviews
Discover Oman, UAE, and the Arabian Peninsula
Sneak (legally) into the dunes of Saudi Arabia's Empty Quarter and experience all that's romantic about the desert.
Look beyond Dubai to the rest of the UAE - count the camels on the sublime desert drive from Sharjah to Kalba.
Hike where fragrant rosewater is produced from the pink roses of Oman's Jebel Akhdar.
Discover the secret to eternal life - and what make Suqutra the Galapagos Islands of the Middle East.
In This Guide:
More off-the-beaten-track UAE info than any other guide
Special Haj feature tells the ultimate traveler's tale
Dedicated Expats chapter packed with tips on living in another culture
The only guide with independent reviews of everything you need to know about Bahrain, Kuwait and Qatar
Nobody knows the Arabian Peninsula like Lonely Planet. Whether it"s exploring the alleyways of Old Muscat, bargaining in Abu Dhabi"s atmospheric souqs, diving in the Red Sea or finding the best spot for a desert safari, we bring you the most extensive coverage of the region.
Lonely Planet guides are written by experts who get to the heart of every destination they visit. This fully updated edition is packed with accurate, practical and honest advice, designed to give you the information you need to make the most of your trip.
In This Guide:
In-depth advice on safe travel in the region
Expat chapter packed with insider tips from our resident author
Only guidebook to cover every country in the Arabian Peninsula
Detailed new Expats chapter for those keen to immerse themselves in local culture.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like