- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
This item may be
Check for Availability
Other titles in the Economist series:
Business Strategy (Economist Books)
Synopses & Reviews
This updated, useful book on business strategy, with The Economist brand, shows today’s manager how to create and sustain a dynamic, profitable business with techniques to support effective decisions. Kourdi evaluates the tools, tactics, and techniques for making profit-boosting decisions.
Powerful new forces are reshaping the business world and the role of the manager in making effective strategic choices is increasingly demanding. This book shows today's manager how to create and sustain a dynamic, profitable business with techniques to support effective decisions. It evaluates the tools, tactics, and techniques for making profit-boosting decisions. Moreover, it contains insights into effective strategic decisions--what worked and why, what failed and why.
About the Author
Jeremy Kourdi is a business consultant and author of seven books on management. He has worked with several high-profile organizations, including The Economist, the Chartered Institute of Management, HSBC, and London Business School.
Table of Contents
Part 1. Understanding strategy.
1. What is business strategy?
2. The different views of strategy.
Part 2. Developing strategy.
3. Forces that shape business strategy.
5. Resources and strategy.
6. Strategies for growth.
7. Developing a business strategy and thinking strategically.
Part 3. Implementing strategy.
9. Implementing business strategy.
10. Strategic innovation.
11. Making strategic decisions.
12. Competitiveness and customer focus.
13. Sales, marketing and brand management.
14. Managing knowledge and information.
15. Managing finance and risk.
Notes and references.
What Our Readers Are Saying