- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
This item may be
Check for Availability
Fodor's California National Parks: Channel Islands, Death Valley, Joshua Tree, Lassen Volcanic, Redwood, Sequoia, Kings Canyon, Yosemiteby Fodor's
Synopses & Reviews
Get inspired and plan your next trip with Fodor's e-book guide to California's national parks: Channel Islands, Death Valley, Joshua Tree, Kings Canyon, Lassen, Sequoia, and Yosemite. To getyour bearings, browse a brief overview of each park and peruse full-color maps of the region. You'll develop an immediate sense of each park's awe-inspiring landscape as you flip through an album ofvivid full-color photographs. Read on and find all of the essential, up-to-date details you expect from a Fodor's guide: From the best dining and lodging in the area to must-see hikes and scenic drives, Fodor's has it all.
Discover seven great California parks in one e-book:
- Just 60 miles northwest of Los Angeles, the five islands of Channel Islands park are a nature-lover's paradise and home to 145 species found nowhere else on the planet.
- Straddlingthe southern California and Nevada borders, Death Valley is the largest national park in the contiguous U.S. and features breathtaking vistas and blasting 120-degreeheat.
- World-class rock climbing and spectacular desert scenery are highlights of Joshua Tree. The eponymous trees--twisted and prickly, with clumps ofspiny leaves--are straight out of a Dr. Seuss book.
- Visitors to Lassen Volcanic will find spectacular geologic wonders plus more than 150miles of hiking trails, countless mountain lakes and streams, and flowering meadows.
- Ancient evergreens tower over visitors among the jagged mountain slopes ofSequoia and Kings Canyon, which cover more than 850,000 acres combined.
- Shimmering waterfalls and the soaring granite monoliths of Half Dome and ElCapitan are some of the classic images you'll see in Yosemite's 748,000 acres.
Note This e-book edition includes photographs and maps that will appear onblack-and-white devices but are optimized for devices that support full-color images.
About the Author
Fodor’s helps you unleash the possibilities of travel with the insightful tools you need to experience the trips you want. We put you at the helm backed by the assurance of our expertise, a guarantee of selectivity, and the choice details that define a destination.
What Our Readers Are Saying