- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Other titles in the Jossey-Bass Higher and Adult Education series:
Transformative Dimensions of Adult Learning (Jossey-Bass Higher and Adult Education)by Jack Mezirow
Synopses & Reviews
Transformative Dimensions of Adult Learning describes the dynamics of how adults learn--and how their perceptions are transformed by learning--as a framework for formulating educational theory and practice. It presents an in-depth analysis of the ways in which adults learn, how they make meaning of the learning experience, and how their lives can be transformed by it.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 227-238) and index.
Table of Contents
1. Making Meaning: The Dynamics of Learning.
2. Meaning Perspectives: How We Understand Experience.
3. Intentional Learning: A Process of Problem Solving.
4. Making Meaning Through Reflection.
5. Distorted Assumptions: Uncovering Errors in Learning.
6. Perspective Transformation: How Learning Leads to Change.
7. Fostering Transformative Adult Learning.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like