- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
This item may be
Check for Availability
The Timeline History of New York City
Synopses & Reviews
New York City is more than just a city and The Timeline History of New York City is more than just a book. It's a hands-on presentation of New York's history. It features:
* a 14 ft. timeline that folds out to show the history of NY since the early 16th century
* fold-out, hand painted maps of the waterways around NY
* the history of each of the city's five boroughs
* maps and histories of each of Manhattan's distinctive neighborhoods: SoHo, Chelsea, the Upper West Side, the Upper East Side, Midtown, etc.
* a history of the theater district, Museum Mile and the subway system
* a fold-out map of Central Park that shows its history
* a cut-out wheel that that turns to present important facts for 100 of the city's most distinctive and tallest buildings
* color illustrations throughout.
This is the perfect gift book for anyone visiting the city and a perfect gift for anyone who's ever been amazed by "the city that never sleeps." It's a Valentine to New York, New York.
New York City's fascinating history unfolds brilliantly in a book that includes 2,000 facts and dates on a timeline over fourteen feet long!
About the Author
Gillian Playne, and her husband, David Playne have created a series of historical timelines in association with the Worth Press of England.
What Our Readers Are Saying
History and Social Science » Americana » New York
History and Social Science » Americana » Oversized Books