- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Mass Market
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
This title in other editions
Accelerationby Graham Mcnamee
Reading Group Guide
It’s a hot, hot summer, and in the depths of the Toronto Transit Authority’s Lost and Found, 17-year-old Duncan is cataloging lost things and sifting through accumulated junk. And between Jacob, the cranky old man who runs the place, and the endless dusty boxes overflowing with stuff no one will ever claim, Duncan’s just about had enough. Then he finds a little leather book. It’s a diary filled with the dark and dirty secrets of a twisted mind, a serial killer stalking his prey in the subway. And Duncan can’t make himself stop reading.
What would you do with a book like that? How far would you go to catch a madman?
And what if time was running out. . . .
From the Hardcover edition.
1. If you had found the diary, what would you have done?
2. Duncan’s summer job sounds awful and depressing; he works underground for most of the day. What other horrible summer jobs can you think of? What do you think would be a good summer job?
3. Duncan works in a lost and found, surrounded by other people’s belongings. Have you ever lost something important to you? Did you eventually get it back?
4. Duncan and his friends, Vinny and Wayne, are all very different from each other. How does their friendship work?
5. Where do you think Duncan, Wayne, and Vinny will be four years from now?
6. Why do you think the police ignore Duncan’s pleas to look into the diary? Is it because he’s a kid? What would you have done in Duncan’s situation?
7. Do people like Roach really exist? Why would someone act that way?
8. People tell Duncan, “Don’t be a hero.” What do they mean by that?
What Our Readers Are Saying
Average customer rating based on 2 comments:
Other books you might like
Children's » General
Children's » Middle Readers » General
Young Adult » General