- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
More copies of this ISBN
Other titles in the Morgan Kaufmann Series in Interactive Technologies series:
GUI Bloopers 2.0: Common User Interface Design Don'ts and DOS (Morgan Kaufmann Series in Interactive Technologies)by Jeff Johnson
Synopses & Reviews
Is your application or Web site ready for prime time?
A major revision of a classic reference, GUI Bloopers 2.0 looks at user interface design bloopers from commercial software, Web sites, Web applications, and information appliances, explaining how intelligent, well-intentioned professionals make these mistakes--and how you can avoid them. While equipping you with the minimum of theory, GUI expert Jeff Johnson presents the reality of interface design in an entertaining, anecdotal, and instructive way.
* Updated to reflect the bloopers that are common today, incorporating many comments and suggestions from first edition readers.
* Takes a learn-by-example approach that teaches how to avoid common errors.
* Covers bloopers in a wide range of categories: GUI controls, graphic design and layout, text messages, interaction strategies, Web site design — including search, link, and navigation, responsiveness issues, and management decision-making.
* Organized and formatted so information needed is quickly found, the new edition features call-outs for the examples and informative captions to enhance quick knowledge building.
* Hundreds of illustrations: both the DOs and the DON'Ts for each topic covered, with checklists and additional bloopers on www.gui-bloopers.com.
About the Author
Jeff Johnson is president and principal consultant at UI Wizards, Inc., a product usability consulting firm (<>). He has worked in the field of Human-Computer Interaction since 1978--as software designer and implementer, usability tester, manager, researcher at several computer and telecommunications companies, and consultant. In the course of his career, he has written many articles, cowritten several books, and given numerous presentations on a variety of topics in Human-Computer Interaction.
Ph.D., Founder, UI Wizards, Inc., San Francisco, CA
Table of Contents
First Principles; Management Bloopers; Responsiveness Bloopers; InteractionandTask-Support Bloopers; Navigation Bloopers; GUI ComponentandForm Bloopers; Textual Bloopers; Graphic and Layout Bloopers; Web Bloopers: Web-specific bloopers--content, search, link. Appendix A: How the book was usability tested. Appendix B: Bloopers Checklist
What Our Readers Are Saying