- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Other titles in the Real Politics in America series:
Transforming the American Polity: The Presidency of George W. Bush and the War on Terrorism (Real Politics in America)by Richard S Conley
Synopses & Reviews
Boasting a timely collection of essays that helps readers reflect upon George W. Bush s use of constitutional and extra-constitutional power following the terrorist attacks of 9/11, this book assesses the impact of the war on terrorism on governing relations and the public in a broad scope. With articles written by some of the foremost scholars of the Presidency and Congress, the essays contained in the First Edition compare the unique context of the war on terrorism with established theories of presidential politics spanning leadership and crisis decision-making, job approval and public relations, electoral strategy, civil liberties, and relations with Congress. For professionals with a career or interest in political science, law, government, and/or political administration.
Table of Contents
1. The Transformations of Bush's Presidency: 9/11 and Beyond, Michael Genovese.
2. Americans' Beliefs about Themselves, the World, and War: Before and After 9/11, Roger H. Davidson.
3. George W. Bush and the Public Presidency, George C. Edwards III.
4. National Security and the Midterm Elections of 2002, Andrew E. Bush.
5. Ideological Conflict in the President's Cabinet, Shirley Anne Warshaw.
6. National Security Policymaking and the Bush War Cabinet, James P. Pfiffner.
7. Challenges to Civil Liberties in a Time of War, Louis Fisher.
8. Patriotism, Partisanship, and Institutional Protection: The Congressional Response to 9/11, Barbara Sinclair.
9. Presidential and Congressional Struggles over the Formation of the Department of Homeland Security, Richard S. Conley.
10. Entrapped in a Narrative of War: Reflections, Questions, and Commentary, Lawrence C. Dodd.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Computers and Internet » Networking » General