- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Homesick Creekby Diane Hammond
Reading Group Guide
1. How would you explain Hacks relationship with Bunnys daughter Vinny? How does it compare with the relationship he had with his sister Katy?
2. Bunny feels that her charms, in Hacks eyes, were mainly sexual. Is she right?
3. In what ways do Bunny and Hack look after Anita and Bob? Does their help come from deep affection, or pity?
4. What is Bobs relationship with Warren based on-sexuality, love, weakness? Why is it so important to Bob that it be kept a secret?
5. Does Rae Macy really threaten Bunny and Hacks marriage, as Bunny feared?
6. Why does Hack turn away from Rae when she offers herself to him?
7. Does Bobs decision to hasten Anitas death redeem or damn him?
8. Is Bunnys mother, Shirl, a wise woman or a foolish one?
9. Minna Tallhorse allows Hack and Katy to remain on their own. Is she right to do so, or does she contribute to the events that culminated in Katys death?
10. Why does Hack decide to get in touch with Minna Tallhorse after so many years?
11. Hack ﬁnally tells Bunny about Katy. Why does he keep it secret for so long?
12. In the end, Bunny ﬁnds reasons to go on with her marriage. Is her decision one of resolve or weakness? How would you have handled the situation if you were Bunny?
13. Why do Bunny and Hack decide to raise Crystal? Who drives the decision, Hack or Bunny?
14. Is Homesick Creek a love story or a tragedy?
15. In a marriage, are there times when keeping secrets is okay, or is it always wrong? Do you keep secrets from your spouse? Why?
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like