- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Other titles in the Modern Library Paperbacks series:
At the Hands of Persons Unknown: The Lynching of Black Americaby Philip Dray
Reading Group Guide
1. What were some of the causes of the phenomenon of lynching in American history?
2. How would you describe a crowds role in and reaction to a lynching? Who is culpable in a lynching?
3. In what ways were government officials complicit in the many lynchings in American history? What were the root causes of that corruption? Have those causes been corrected today?
4. How would you place lynchings in the larger context of race relations in America?
5. Who were the heroes in this ghastly chapter of American history? Describe their choices and their courage.
6. Could a lynching happen today? What in America has changed? What has not?
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
History and Social Science » African American Studies » General