- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Homer's Odyssey: A Fearless Feline Tale, or How I Learned about Love and Life with a Blind Wonder Catby Gwen Cooper
Reading Group Guide
1. 1. Homer teaches Gwen many life lessons. Which would you say was most transformative in her life? Why?
2. What makes Homer such a special cat? His personality, his challenges, his circumstances, or all three?
3. Homer's life has often revolved around taking a leap of faith. What universal themes, such as this, does Homer’s story evoke?
4. What do you make of the quotes from The Odyssey that start each chapter?
5. Gwen comes to New York looking for success: in business, in life, in love. Was she right to worry about being a single gal with three cats? How does Homer help pave the way?
6. How much of a role do the Miami and New York City settings play in this book?
7. Which of Homer's abilities did you find most surprising? Why?
8. Has reading this book changed the way you think about animals with special needs? If so, in what way? What about your assumptions about people with special needs?
9. What’s your favorite Homer story? Which one made you laugh the most? And which was the most touching?
10. Do any of Homer’s habits remind you of cats you’ve known or owned?
What Our Readers Are Saying
Average customer rating based on 3 comments:
Other books you might like