- Used Books
- Kobo eReading
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time (03 Edition)by Mark Haddon
Reading Group Guide
1. How do you think this novel bridges the gap between literature for adults and children?
2. What do you think Haddon's illustrations add to the story and to our understanding of Christopher's character?
3. Although seemingly ill equipped as the narrator of a book, Christopher's character succeeds in eliciting a wide range of emotions in the reader. How do you think Haddon uses his protagonists voice to touch his audience in such a way?
4. Discuss the relationship between father and son in the novel. How well do you think Christopher's father copes with his son's condition?
5. The author has used his extensive knowledge of Asperger's syndrome to allow us to see the world through Christopher's eyes, how do you think the story further enhances our attachment to the character and our enjoyment of the book in general?
6. How far do you think the author has used Christopher's alienating condition to expose intricate truths about our modern lives? Do you think this was his intention in Christopher's exposure of his parent's secret?
From the Hardcover edition.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Average customer rating based on 2 comments:
Other books you might like