- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
What's in This Stuff?: The Hidden Toxins in Everyday Products and What You Can Do about Themby Patricia Thomas
Synopses & Reviews
The essential reference to what's really in the products we buy.
Every day Americans eat processed food and use toiletries, cosmetics, household cleaners, gardening supplies and often pet care products of some kind. It's time to ask What's in This Stuff? The answers are shocking. This fascinating book reveals how many of the products used every day contain poorly tested chemicals that are implicated in health problems, and offers simple, nontoxic alternatives.
- Why we are exposed to more chemicals than ever before
- The health risks of exposure to industrial chemicals in consumer products
- Which chemicals are most harmful
- Why babies in the womb and young children are especially vulnerable to toxins
- How to interpret confusing labels
- Tips for using conventional products more wisely
About the Author
Patricia Thomas is the author of the bestselling Cleaning Yourself to Death as well as Living Dangerously: Are Everyday Toxins Making You Sick? A former radio producer and broadcaster, she is a regular contributor to newspapers and appears frequently on TV and radio.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like