- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
A. Lincoln: A Biographyby Ronald C White
Reading Group Guide
1. What characteristics of the young Lincoln stood out to his boyhood friends in Indiana?
2. Beginning with Lincoln’s announcement of his candidacy for state office in 1832, what qualities marked his four terms in the Illinois State Legislature?
3. In Lincoln’s single term in Congress why and how did he criticize President James Polk’s policies in the Mexican-American War?
4. How would you characterize Lincoln’s self-understanding as a lawyer in the years 1849-1854?
5. Why did Lincoln reemerge into politics in 1854 and what is new about his political message and style?
6. It has been suggested that Lincoln won the debates with Stephen Douglas in 1858. What are the bases of this claim?
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Biography » Historical