- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Lonely Planet Cuba (Lonely Planet Cuba)by Lonely Planet
Synopses & Reviews
Controversial and just a bit conflicted, Cuba is a nation like no other - rhythmic, colorful, sophisticated and whimsical all in one sumptuous breath. Unlock the syncopated beat of this island paradise, revel in Habana Vieja"s culture and traditions, ramble along history"s trail in the Sierra Maestra or simply sit back on a secret beach till maana dawns with this unparalleled and comprehensive guide.
Wanna Cha Cha? - the secrets of salsa, son, mambo and more are revealed in our special Music chapter.
Gaps On The Map - informed do-it-yourself content, day tripper itineraries and more than 60 maps open the doors to Trinidad, Santiago, Cayo Coco and more.
Travel Back - the revolution didn"t need to be televised, it comes to life with informed features and in-depth historic and cultural coverage.
Que Bola Asere? - learn what this phrase means and more with our authoritative Language and Glossary chapters.
Nobody knows Cuba like Lonely Planet. Whether you're looking to explore Havana's colorful architectural relics, laze languidly on an isolated beach or discover your inner Hemingway deep-sea fishing off the coast of Cayo Guillermo, this 5th edition gives you all the information you need to enjoy the best of Cuba.
Lonely Planet guides are written by experts who get to the heart of every destination they visit. This fully updated edition is packed with accurate, practical and honest advice, designed to give you the information you need to make the most of your trip.
In This Guide:
Full color section on Cuba's music, festivals, natural beauty and architecture
Unique Green Index makes ecofriendly travel easy
The surge in tourism continues, with 2 million visitors arriving annually to witness Fidel Castro's Cuba. Informed features and insightful listings guide travelers off the beaten path, a new music special section gets visitors into the rhythm, and highlights lure sun worshipers to the country's fabled beaches, scuba diving, and snorkeling sites.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like