- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Lonely Planet West Africa (Lonely Planet West Africa)by Anthony Ham
Synopses & Reviews
Salt caravans in the Sahara, imposing forts on the Ghanaian coast, urban buzz in Lagos, the steamy lushness of Casamance- West Africa's attractions are as diverse as they are intriguing. Whether you want to set out for Timbuktu, laze on a sandy beach or overland it from desert to jungle, Lonely Planet shows you the what, where and how.
Move To The Groove - our expert music chapter tell who's who, where it's happening and what's hot.
Be Inspired - highlights, itineraries and planning sections help you plot your path.
Get The Background with in-depth discussion of West Africa's history, manifold cultures and distinctive arts and crafts.
Talk The Talk - our language chapter will have you greeting locals in 25 regional languages.
Go Your Own Way with detailed transport information and 150 user-friendly maps.
Experience the best of West Africa with Lonely Planet. With our 7th edition you'll discover the varied landscape of this fascinating region - take a slow boat to Timbuktu, camp under the Sahara's starry skies, hike through ancient Dogon Country, discover Cote d'Ivoire's cosmopolitan Abidjan and kick-back on Ghana's palm-fringed beaches.
Lonely Planet guides are written by experts who get to the heart of every destination they visit. This fully updated edition is packed with accurate, practical and honest advice, designed to give you the information you need to make the most of your trip.
In This Guide:
Essential safety information provided throughout
Unrivalled activities and courses information for the whole region
Green Index to make your travels ecofriendly
This bestselling multi-country guide includes everything from expanded coverage of Nigeria to Liberia and Cote d'Ivoire--regions no other guidebook covers. Also featured are a special Arts & Crafts section and expert coverage of West Africa's world-renowned music scene.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like