- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Lonely Planet Seoul (Lonely Planet Seoul)by Martin Robinson
Synopses & Reviews
Experience Seoul, Asia"s most intriguing city. Tour the grand royal palaces. Sing yourself hoarse in a noraebang (karaoke room). Stuff yourself with hearty beef and vegetable bibimbap. Indulge in exquisite traditional tea shops. This authoritative, bestselling guidebook will take you to the heart of Korea"s captivating capital.
Eliminate The Guesswork - opinionated hotel reviews make the decisions easy.
Shop Your Socks Off - reviews and tips take you to the city"s best traditional markets, glitzy malls, boutiques and galleries.
Discover the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) - we take you on a once-in-a-lifetime trip to the formidable and fascinating North-South border.
Feast Like A King - eating reviews serve up the city"s finest Korean fare, from spicy tofu and barbeque to Korean fusion and Hanjeongsik banquets.
Navigate through nameless streets with our clear and detailed maps - complete with hangeul (Korean script).
Find out how eating with chopsticks made of metal can prevent assassination
Learn the secret to navigating Seoul streets - be the only traveler in town who isn't lost!
Check the dress code for a daytrip to one of the weirdest places on earth, the Demilitarized Zone between North and South Korea
Shop 24 hours a day at the raucous Namdaemun Market
In This Guide:
Weeks of rigorous on-the-ground research by two expert authors: one an experienced travel writer, the other based right here in Seoul
Discover Seoul's hidden, winding back-street alleyways - explore the city that even the local expats never find
How to indulge your tastebuds at any time of the day or night - where to sample the best fiery traditional barbequed beef strips or Italian-Korean fusion foods
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like