- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Lonely Planet India (Lonely Planet India)by Lonely Planet
Synopses & Reviews
Shield your eyes as the desert sun ignites the sandstone of Jaisalmer Fort, p. 245
Sway side-to-side as you lumber through the jungle tiger-spotting on the back of an elephant in Corbett Tiger Reserve, p. 472
Head for the hills and the heavens: adventure out from Darjeeling on a trek with stunning Himalayan views, p. 542
Align your chakras and get bent into a new position at a yoga class in Mumbai, p. 780
In This Guide:
Twelve authors, 252 days of in-country research, 28 new hotels in Delhi alone
Our new Activities chapter covers wildlife safaris, adventure tours, trekking, Ayurveda and yoga courses
Visit lonelyplanet.com for up-to-the-minute reviews, updates and traveler suggestions
Lonely Planet is the expert on India. Our 13th edition eases you through the spicy diversity of India - from the thrilling bustle of Delhi's bazaars, to the laid-back beaches of Goa, the serene beauty of Himalayan Sikkim, and the majesty of Jaisalmer's ancient fort.
Lonely Planet guides are written by experts who get to the heart of every destination they visit. This fully updated edition is packed with accurate, practical and honest advice, designed to give you the information you need to make the most of your trip.
In This Guide:
Bonus activities chapter detailing camel treks, watersports and yoga
Tasty color feature reveals the best local food
Festive special section on India's most magical celebrations
Superior coverage is given to unexplored and out-of-the-way destinations, with a new activities section that spans festivals, language classes, yoga courses, and Ayurvedic massage.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like