- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
This item may be
Check for Availability
Dubai Encounter (Lonely Planet Dubai Encounter)by Lara Dunston
Synopses & Reviews
What Will Your Dubai Encounter Be?
...skiing on the world's first indoor black run
...commissioning a special gold ring at a market price
...spending hours doing nothing at a Jumeirah beach resort
...kicking back with a beer, a sea breeze and a view of the Gulf at sunset
...reclining on cushions and smoking sheesha
...clearing your head in the Arabian desert
Discover Twice the City in Half the Time...
...navigate easily with a fully indexed street map plus detailed neighborhood maps
...local authors share their passion for the very best in shopping, dining, clubbing and relaxing
...take the hassle out of daily planning with unique thematic itineraries
go straight to the source: foodie tips from Gordon Ramsay's sommelier, shopping hints from a boutique owner
Ski on the world's first indoor black run or recline on cushions to smoke a water pipe. This Dubai guide takes the hassle out of daily planning with unique thematic itineraries. Full color. Foldout map.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying