- Venetians aren't too thrilled with author John Berendt spreading their secrets and scandals in his book City of Falling Angels. Like this juicy tidbit: part of their city is covered in water!
- Powell's own Kevin Sampsell gets the interview treatment at Identity Theory. It's sort of an ironic piece, as clicking on the links to any of Kevin's books takes you to an online bookseller who shall not be named... but isn't Powells.com.
- Bolton was only too excited to show this to us, as David Benioff is one of his favorite writers. Personally, I can't figure out how anyone would pay Benioff $2 million for anything after he wrote the screenplays to Troy and Stay. If he were a pitcher, the coach would have benched him for the rest of the season.
- Some might quibble that Batman has no place fighting real-life terrorists. But, c'mon... put some white face paint, lipstick, and a purple suit on Osama Bin Laden, dye his hair green — I'm telling you, he's the Joker incarnate.
- Finished with all those Mary Higgins Clark and Tom Clancy paperbacks that no used bookstore wants to buy? Why not trade them for... oh, say, Jackie Collins and Michael Crichton?
÷ ÷ ÷
Brockman is the head writer for the daily Book News posts on the Powells.com blog. In his free time he's hard at work on his fictional memoir, which changes titles daily.
The views and commentary posted by Brockman are entirely his own, and are not representative of the whole of Powell's Books, its employees, or any sane human being.
Books mentioned in this post