We don't know about you, but we're wiped out. Fifteen-day parties aren't for the faint of heart, but your stamina and enthusiasm was truly something to behold! You've done this before. We can tell.
So, who won the $1,500 prize, you're wondering? A hearty congratulations goes to Ivy from Gresham, Oregon! Next time you see Ivy, give her a spirited high five. And if you're one of her loved ones, expect a pretty awesome literary gift this holiday season. (Just a hunch.)
Congrats also to our daily prize winners!
- October 15: $50 Powells.com credit went to a reader from Maine
- October 16: Six months of free shipping was awarded to Carla from Toronto (our only international winner)
- October 17: Six picks from Daily Dose went to Liz of Ames, Iowa
- October 19: $50 Powells.com credit went to Heather from Coralville, Iowa (Two Iowans! Who knew we were so popular in the heartland?)
- October 20: Indiespensable, Volumes 11 and 12, went to Tom from Raleigh, North Carolina
- October 21: A Powell's Souvenir bundle was given to Matt from our hometown, Portland, Oregon
- October 22: Tracy Kidder and James Ellroy signed first editions went to Carolyn from Ashland, Oregon
- October 23: $50 Powells.com credit went to Edan from Williamstown, Massachusetts
- October 24: A New Favorites bundle went to Lisa of Denver, Colorado
- October 25: A Powell's Klean Kanteen + $25 Powells.com credit went to Wendy from Portland
- October 26: $50 Powells.com credit was awarded to Sophie from Arcata, California
- October 27: A load of our "Mystery" Books went to Jeff from San Francisco
- October 28: Four Review-a-Day picks were sent to Lora from Portland
- October 29: $50 Powells.com credit went to Phyllis from Tigard, Oregon
You may have noticed that the prize for October 18 isn't listed. That's because our handsome bundle of Powell's Oregon swag has yet to be claimed! So, make sure to check your email in case we're desperately trying to contact you to pass on the loot.
÷ ÷ ÷
Now, if you're like us, you aren't quite ready to let go. Keep the magic alive! Revisit our 15 Things — a compilation of the ways Powells.com is distinctly Powells.com. We'd love to hear about your favorites, or which surprised you, so go ahead and leave a comment here.
Heck, let's give away more stuff! If you leave a comment on this post (by end of day Tuesday, November 10) about one of our 15 Things you'll be entered into a random drawing to win a Powells.com T-shirt of your choice and a $15 gift card. (We're not mathematicians, but, if you're bitter about missing out on the big award, it's safe to say, your chances of winning this time are pretty darn favorable.)
Sincere thanks for being part of the festivities. In the end, it was really a celebration of you — our loyal fans. And, we're more than okay with that.
÷ ÷ ÷
Megan Zabel works in marketing for Powell's. She can switch out a bike tube in six minutes, but unfortunately can't whistle or perform a legitimate cartwheel. You can follow her often misguided adventures on Tumblr.
Books mentioned in this post