1. Lush Life by Richard Price
Richard Price is a professional. His genius is in, among other things, the vernacular — he does his research and knows his lingo. Overall, this is a top-notch New York cop novel: scenes are tight, the plot is well crafted, and the characters come to life.
2. The Night of the Gun by David Carr
3. The Alcoholic by Jonathan Ames and Dean Haspiel
4. Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher
5. Portland Happy Hour Guidebook 2009 by Cindy Anderson
÷ ÷ ÷
Carson Smith shelves dictionaries for a living. He's been flossing twice a day since Thursday.
Books mentioned in this post