Synopses & Reviews
100 Facts Oceans is bursting with exactly 100 fantastic facts, incredible images and fun activities to help children learn everything they need to know about our watery world.
100 Facts Oceans includes key topics about Earth's vast oceans in easily-digestible, numbered facts. Every page is covered in amazing illustrations and photographs that clarify difficult points for children. A perfect ocean book for kids to learn about physical features, sea creatures and ocean voyages.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Oceans:
- What causes a tide and how it affects the shoreline
- Different oceans and their coverage
- The world beneath sea level and life in a rock pool
Examples of 'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
- The world's longest mountain chain is under the ocean. It is the Mid-Ocean range and stretches around the middle of Earth.
- Oceans hold 97 percent of the world's water. Just a fraction is in freshwater lakes and rivers.
- The biggest tsunami was taller than five Statues of Liberty It hit the Japanese Ryuku Islands in 1771.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
- Quiz question: Can you find the names of four shells in the puzzle below?
- Test yourself on shark parts by studying the diagram of the shark in the book. Then trace a shark's body and try to remember the names and label the picture
- Quiz question: What was the name of the fastest hydroplane?
Author: Clare Oliver
Consultant: Clive Carpenter
Dimensions:9 X 12
Format: Paperback with holographic foil