Synopses & Reviews
Free one-year access to practice problems online:
- All 1,001 practice problems online from easy to hard
- Track your progress, see where you need more help, and create customized problem sets
- Study what, where, and when you want
- 1,001 Algebra II practice problems
- Detailed, step-by-step answers and explanations for every question
1,001 questions with step-by-step solutions
This handy guide, with free access to online practice problems, gives you 1,001 opportunities to practice solving problems that you'll encounter in your Algebra II course. Starting with a review of algebra basics and ending with sequences, sets, and counting techniques, it covers everything from solving non-linear equations and inequalities to graphing lines, on to functions and systems of equations and inequalities plus lots more! Every practice question includes not only an answer but a step-by-step explanation. Solving problems online, you'll track your progress, see where you need more help, and create customized problem sets to get you where you need to be.
- Start with the basics powers of binomials and patterns in those powers, solving linear equations, radicals, and complex numbers
- Get radical factoring, the square root rule, the quadratic formula, completing the square, and radical numbers
- Put the "fun" in functions linear, quadratic, polynomial, rational, exponential, and logarithmic functions
- Solve systems two or more equations, algebraic techniques, and matrices used to solve systems
- An eye toward the future solve problems involving sequences, series, and sets to prepare for probability and statistics
- (More) practice makes perfect use your free one-year subscription for on-the-go access to all 1,001 practice problems online
Go beyond the book. Get online and find:
- One year free subscription to all questions
- On-the-go access any way you want it from your computer, smartphone, or tablet
- Multiple-choice questions on all your math course topics
- Personalized reports that track your progress and help show you where you need to study the most
- Customizable practice sets for self-directed study
- Practice problems categorized as easy, medium, or hard
Practice makes perfect—and helps deepen your understanding of algebra II by solving problems
1001 Algebra II Practice Problems For Dummies takes you beyond the instruction and guidance offered in Algebra II For Dummies, giving you 1001 opportunities to practice solving problems from the major topics in algebra II. Plus, an online component provides you with a collection of algebra problems presented in multiple choice format to further help you test your skills as you go.
- Gives you a chance to practice and reinforce the skills you learn in Algebra II class
- Helps you refine your understanding of algebra
Whether you're studying algebra at the high school or college level, the practice problems in 1001 Algebra II Practice Problems For Dummies range in areas of difficulty and style, providing you with the practice help you need to score high at exam time.
Note to readers: 1,001 Algebra II Practice Problems For Dummies, which only includes problems to solve, is a great companion to Algebra II For Dummies, 2nd Edition which offers complete instruction on all topics in a typical Algebra II course.
Questions about equations? Inequalities have you in a quandary?\
Fear not, help is here. Your one-year, renewable, online subscription to 1,001 Algebra II Practice Problems For Dummies
gives you 1,001 opportunities to practice solving problems that you’ll encounter in your Algebra II course. Starting with a review of algebra basics and ending with sequences, sets, and counting techniques, it covers everything from solving non-linear equations and inequalities to graphing lines, on to functions and systems of equations and inequalities—plus lots more! Every practice problem includes not only a solution but a step-by-step explanation.
With on-the-go access you can study anywhere and any way you want—from your computer, smart phone or tablet. Working through and solving practice problems –categorized as easy, medium, or hard—you can track your progress, see where you need to study the most, and then create customized problem sets to get you where you need to be.
A one-year subscription includes:
- Access to 1,001 algebra problems online--from easy to hard
- A tool that tracks your progress, identifies where you need more help, and creates customized problem sets
- A way to study what, where, and when you want
Whether you're currently enrolled in a high school or college algebra course, 1,001 Algebra II Practice Problems For Dummies gives you the practice you need to increase your problems solving skills as well as your confidence.
About the Author
Mary Jane Sterling is the author of Algebra I For Dummies, Algebra Workbook For Dummies, Algebra II For Dummies, Algebra II Workbook For Dummies, and several other For Dummies titles. She has been a Professor of Mathematics at Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois, for more than 30 years.
Table of Contents
Part I: The Questions 5
Chapter 1: Reviewing Algebra Basics 7
Chapter 2: Solving Quadratic Equations and Nonlinear Inequalities 13
Chapter 3: Solving Radical and Rational Equations 21
Chapter 4: Graphs and Equations of Lines 27
Chapter 5: Functions 33
Chapter 6: Quadratic Functions and Relations 39
Chapter 7: Polynomial Functions and Equations 45
Chapter 8: Rational Functions 51
Chapter 9: Exponential and Logarithmic Functions 57
Chapter 10: Conic Sections 65
Chapter 11: Systems of Linear Equations 73
Chapter 12: Systems of Nonlinear Equations and Inequalities 79
Chapter 13: Working with Complex Numbers 85
Chapter 14: Matrices 91
Chapter 15: Sequences and Series 97
Chapter 16: Sets 103
Chapter 17: Counting Techniques and Probability 109
Part II: The Answers 117
Chapter 18: The Answers 119