Synopses & Reviews
Essential guide to making movies using the HD-video feature on a dSLR camera
The new generation of dSLR cameras include high-definition (HD) video, and this is opening up a whole new realm of creative possibilities to photographers. Even if you’re a novice, the tips and techniques in this practical guide will soon have you planning, shooting, and editing movies in HD, like the filmmaker you always thought you could be! Learn how to shoot a music video, ways to get a steady shot without a tripod, and much more.
- Explains how to shoot high-definition (HD) video using new-generation dSLR cameras
- Shows how to plan, shoot, and edit movies
- Provides a broad range of tips and techniques, some known only to professional movie-makers, and others specific to dSLRs
- Covers a variety of topics, such as ways to get a steady shot without a tripod, how to shoot a music video, and why a clapper-board is important
- Presents information in a series of tips and chapters that makes it easy to drop into sections of the book for specific information
If you’re digital dSLR can capture HD video, then this book will help you explore new ways to use your camera and find new creative paths for yourself.
While digital cameras have long offered the facility to shoot low-quality video footage, the new generation of digital SLRs are opening up a whole new realm of creative possibility to photographers. The tips and techniques in this book -some previously only known to professional movie-makers, and others specific to DSLRs-will show even novice filmmakers how to plan, shoot, and edit stunning movies in high definition. Divided into chapters which cover key topics thematically, readers can quickly find out everything from why a clapper-board is important, through how to shoot a music video, to different ways to get a steady shot without a tripod. There is even a full chapter on the grammar of film-making, which provides a complete primer on telling any story-from flowery romance to gritty documentary-in what, for many photographers, is an unfamiliar medium. The accessible format makes it easy to dip in for a specific piece of information or read through for a thorough understanding of this exciting new area.