Synopses & Reviews
TURBO CHARGED, SLIGHTLY WICKED FUN!
Imagine your classic car, truck, or hot rod with electric doors and windows, a built-in computer and GPS, voice control, automatic wipers and headlights, and electronic security -- just a few of the 50 exciting projects fully detailed in this easy-to-follow guide. The first car-focused volume in this popular series, 50 Awesome Auto Projects for the Evil Genius offers you hours of fun and learning-- and a super souped-up ride.
You don't need any knowledge of auto electronics to get started -- but when you're done, your friends will be begging for advice on updating their vehicles!
50 AWESOME AUTO PROJECTS FOR THE EVIL GENIUS--
- Introduces you to automotive electronics step-by-step -- you don't need to be an auto or electronics whiz to get started, but you will be when you're finished
- Provides enjoyable step-by-step directions for 50 tantalizing projects compatible with any car, no matter the make, model, or year
- Gives you illustrated, step-by-step directions for theater-style light dimmers, a DVD player, electric mirrors, power supplies, and much, much more
- Provides complete lists of tools and parts -- all easily obtained and inexpensive
- Helps you select components, with recommendations on available technologies
- Offers unique troubleshooting and repair guidance on each project that can prevent trouble before it starts
- Suggests related activities for customization and going step beyond
CAR-ENHANCING PROJECTS THAT TEACH AUTO ELECTRONICS -- WHILE PROVIDING HOURS OF FUN!
The Evil Genius format is the perfect "vehicle" for 50 incredible automotive projects that are compatible with any car, no matter what make, model, or year. Focusing on low-cost, easily obtained components, the book lists the items needed to complete each project along with a troubleshooting and repair section.
Table of Contents
Part One: Electronic Projects
Chapter 1: Instrumentation
Chapter 2: Voice Alert
Chapter 3: Comfort Features
Chapter 4: Intelligent Features
Chapter 5: Automatic Dip Beam
Chapter 6: Security Features
Part Two: Computer Projects
Chapter 7: Power Supply Systems
Chapter 8: Installing a Shutdown Controller
Chapter 9: Input Devices
Chapter 10: Installing a Touch Screen
Chapter 11: Installing an IR Receiver
Chapter 12: Installing a Rotary Controller
Chapter 13: Controlling Your Car PC with Your Mobile Phone
Chapter 14: Tough Pad Control
Chapter 15: Control Via PDA
Chapter 16: Voice Control
Chapter 17: Connecting Your Car PC to Your ICE
Chapter 18: Display Systems
Chapter 19: Installing an Alpha-Numeric Display
Chapter 20: Storage Systems
Chapter 21: GPS Systems
Chapter 22: Vehicle Telematics