Synopses & Reviews
When kids want to, they can make a lot of noise especially when they use their voices to make the world a better place for animals. Now, for kids who want to make a difference, PETA founder Ingrid Newkirk brings you the ultimate guide to positive kid action and reaction.
Here are some ways you can help save the animal planet:
- Share what you know invite speakers to come and talk to your class about important animal protection issues.
- Tell insects to bug off-kindly! Flies and spiders are an important part of the natural world.
- Smile more brightly use lip balm that doesn't test on animals!
- Make the world smaller get in touch with kids from far away with an international pen pal who cares as much about animals as you do.
- Avoid pet stores dogs and cats in local shelters wish they could live in a loving home like yours. Don't buy a pet adopt a friend!
The co-founder of PETA discusses the many ways in which young people can help animals, ease their living conditions, and make sure they receive the proper treatment that is their right, in an updated version of the classic Kids Can Save the Animals. Original.
Written by the founder of People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), this fun and innovative guide explains how children can help protect almost every animal under the sun.
A substantially revised and updated edition ofPETA's (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) 1991 book,Kids Can Save the Animals!, with all the most up-to-date informationand new ideas for ways children can protect every creature under thesun.
About the Author
Newkirk is the cofounder and vice president of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).