Synopses & Reviews
UNLEASH YOUR INNER ROCKET SCIENTIST WITH 50 EXCITING PROJECTS
Yes, it really is rocket science! These 50 projects offer thrills and chills to everyone who loves model rocketry, from, newcomers to countdown veterans. In fact, these 50 fantastic projects can turn a beginner into a model rocket expert, one project a time! And if you already are a sophisticated model rocket scientist, the more advanced projects provide plans, ideas, and inspiration guaranteed to launch you on new adventures in space!
Model rocket enthusiast Gaven Harper delivers everything you need, including complete, easy-to-follow plans; clear diagrams and schematics; and lists of parts and tools. 50 Model Rocket Projects for the Evil Genius gives you:
- Illustrated instructions and plans for amazing pre-tested rocket projectsThe opportunity to discover, build, and deploy an onboard flight
- A history of space exploration
- Companion Web site with SpaceCAD software
- Directions to get your own FREE model rocket
- Coupons for saving money on model rocket components and kits
LEARN HOW TO BUILD:
* Hydrogen-fueled rocket * Photographic rocket that takes pictures from space * Movie camera payload for film from space * Alien atmosphere tester * Your own UFO * Launch and ignition systems * Rocket motors and engines * Recovery and touchdown systems * Rocket tilt and rotation detectors * Exhaust temperature monitor * Split-stage timer * Speed and acceleration gauges * Much More!
GO TO: www.books.mcgraw-hill.com/authors/harperrockets for:
- Downloadable code from the book to help you launch your rocket
- SpaceCAD software (a limited download)
- Link to get your FREE model rocket!!!
The fun, hands-on way to learn about rocket science
Yes, as a matter of fact, is IS rocket science! And because this book is written for the popular Evil Genius format, it means you can learn about this fascinating and growing hobby while having run creating 50 great projects. You will find a detailed list of materials, sources for parts, schematics, and lots of clear, well-illustrated instructions.
- Projects include a camera rocket, video camera rocket, hydrogen-fueled rocket, UFO, and more
- Projects start out basic and gradually become more sophisticated
- Perfect for science fairs and school projects
About the Author
Gavin D. J. Harper is the author of 50 Awesome Auto Projects for the Evil Genius, Build Your Own Car PC, and Solar Energy Projects for the Evil Genius (all from McGraw-Hill), and has had work mentioned in the journal Science. Harper holds a BSc. (Hons) Technology from the Open University, has completed an MSc. Architecture: Advanced Environmental and Energy Studies, and is currently undertaking further Postgraduate study with the Centre for Renewable Energy Systems Technology, Loughborough University.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: History of Rocketry
Chapter 2: Rocket Science
Chapter 3: The Model Rocketeer's Workshop
Chapter 4: Model Rocket Stability
Chapter 5: Constructing Model Rockets
Chapter 6: Recovery Systems
Chapter 7: Launching Model Rockets
Chapter 8: Rocket Math
Chapter 9: Model Rocket Photography
Chapter 10: Model Rocket Movie Cameras
Chapter 11: Rocket Mail
Chapter 12: Introduction to the Flight Computer
Chapter 13: Educating with Model Rocketry
Chapter 14: Model Rocket Clubs
APPENDIX A: MODEL ROCKET SAFETY
APPENDIX B: INTERNATIONAL LISTING OF MODEL ROCKET CLUBS