Synopses & Reviews
The fast and easy way to master the 500 most commonly used verbs in the Spanish language 500 Spanish Verbs For Dummies
is the ultimate guide to learning and conjugating verbs in the Spanish language without losing your head. Complete with English translations, pronunciation guides, and examples of common verb use in everyday conversation, this is an essential reference tool for Spanish language learners of any skill level.
- Spanish grammar and verbs 101 discover everything you need to know to get up and running with Spanish verbs, from using the infinitive and conjugating verbs to forming past and present participles
- The heart of the matter find 500 verb tables that showcase a single verb with its English equivalent, infinitive, past and present participle, and seven simple and seven complex tenses for each
- Take it to the streets get the scoop on ten common verbs for travelling to and eating out in Spanishspeaking countries
- Delve deeper dig into an index that provides more than 1,300 Spanish verbs and their English equivalents, presented in English to Spanish and Spanish to English
Open the book and find:
- English translations of each verb
- Pronunciation guides
- Lists of all 6 conjugations in each of the 14 tenses
- Related words/verbs and cross-references
- Examples of common verb use in everyday conversation
- Special recognition of the 50 most essential verbs
- Memorization drills and exercises for remembering exceptions
- Understand verb tenses and moods
- Conjugate verbs in Spanish
- Master simple and complex tenses
An easy, fun reference for learning Spanish at home or in school
Verbs in Spanish can be conjugated in six different ways, depending on the speaker and audience. In addition, there are fifteen different tenses in which verbs are used, making a total of 80 different conjugations for each verb. This knowledge can make anyone's head spin — but fear not! Dummies has it covered.
500 Spanish Verbs For Dummies is the ultimate guide to learning and conjugating verbs in the Spanish language. Beginners to the language will find quick reference for verbs in the basic present tenses, and advanced speakers will learn the more complex tenses of verbs as well as memorize advanced verbs with irregular endings.
- 500 of the most commonly used Spanish verbs are presented alphabetically and numbered for easy reference
- An additional index of 1,500+ Spanish verbs with the English translation of the infinitive
- Includes a summary of basic Spanish grammar, including verb tenses and moods
- Accompanying CD features memorization drills and exercises
Complete with English translations, pronunciation guides, and examples of common verb use in everyday conversation, 500 Spanish Verbs For Dummies is an essential reference tool for any level of Spanish speaker.
About the Author
Cecie Kraynak, MA, is a Spanish teacher, ESL coordinator, and author/editor of numerous Spanish books, including Spanish For Dummies. She has taught and tutored Spanish for more than 25 years at the junior high, high school, and college levels.
Table of Contents
Part I: An Introduction to Spanish Grammar and Verbs 7
Chapter 1: Putting Verbs into Action 9
Chapter 2: Forming and Using Simple and Complex Tenses 15
Chapter 3: Quick Tutorial on Pronunciation 25
Part II: 500 Verb Tables 29
Part III: The Part of Tens 531
Chapter 4: Ten Common Verbs for Traveling 533
Chapter 5: Ten Essential Verbs for Eating Out 537
Part IV: Verb Indexes 541
English-to-Spanish Index 543
Spanish-to-English Index 559