Synopses & Reviews
Lower your blood cholesterol by up to 40 percent. Cut your risk of heart attack in half . Millions have seen dramatic results--you can too!
In this revised paperback--with four new chapters not found in the hardcover edition--Robert E. Kowalski offers a safe, effective, and revolutionary new approach to lowering blood cholesterol without drugs or deprivation.
With The 8-Week Cholesterol Cure, you can:
- Limit the amount of cholesterol produced by your body
- Increase the amount of cholesterol eliminated by your body
- Use special foods and vitamins that actually lower total blood cholesterol
- Raise the level of HDL ("the good cholesterol") in your body
- Enhance good nutrition and enjoy a variety of foods without going hungry
- Control your weight without counting calories
- And much more!
Filled with a wealth of essential information and advice on cholesterol testing methods, special food products, exercise and special considerations for women, children, and the elderly, as well as dozens of delicious, healthful recipes, here is the proven solution for you!
When it was first published in 1989, this book took the nation by storm as one of the first sources to offer a proven dietary program for improving heart health. Today the title is ready to win a new audience in a convenient mass market edition. Including four chapters not in the original hardcover, this edition provides clear and easy-to-follow guidelines for lowering cholesterol by raising the amount of whole grains in the diet.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -485) and index.
About the Author
Robert E. Kowalski a medical journalist for more than thirty-five years, devised this program for his own cholesterol problem when all else failed. He lives in California.