Synopses & Reviews
Lace up your boots and sample fifty-nine of the most popular trails Virginias Shenandoah
National Park has to offer. This fully updated and revised edition describes well-defined trails through some of the most spectacular scenery, including prominent peaks and the largest red spruce trees in the park. Whether youre looking for paths to majestic waterfalls, a trek along the Appalachian Trail, or day hikes along Skyline Drive to enjoy with the kids, this book has the trail for you.
Look inside to find:
• Hikes suited to every ability
• Directions to the trailheads
• Trail Finder for best hikes with dogs, children, great views, or waterfalls
• Comprehensive trail descriptions with mile-by-mile directional cues
• GPS coordinates
• Difficulty ratings, average hiking times, and best hiking seasons for every featured hike
• Information on fees and permits, contacts, events and attractions, restaurants and accommodations, canine compatibility, and more
Completely updated, this edition
provides detailed descriptions and maps of fifty-nine of the best hikes in the park. From easy day hikes to strenuous backpacking trips, this guide will provide readers with all the latest information they need to plan virtually any type of hiking adventure in the park.
Fully revised and updated, this full-color edition of Hiking Shenandoah National Park features fifty-nine of Shenandoah's finest trails - from short day hikes to overnight adventures. With this comprehensive guide, veteran hikers Bert and Jane Gildart provide all the information you need to get the most out of hiking Virginia's majestic Shenandoah National Park. Look inside to find:
- Hikes suited to every ability
- Mile-by-mile directional cues
- Difficulty ratings, trail contacts, fees/permits, and best hiking seasons
- An index of hikes by category - from easy day hikes to hikes to waterfalls
- Invaluable trip-planning information, including local lodging and campgrounds
- Full-color photos throughout
- Full-color GPS-compatible maps of each trail
About the Author
Bert and Jane Gildart are hikers, writers, and photographers who specialize in outdoor recreation. They are authors of Best Easy Day Hikes Shenandoah National Park and Shenandoah National Park Pocket Guide (both FalconGuides).