Synopses & Reviews
, if you would like to order an e-Inspection copy
, go here to order.
Taking a broad contemporary view of higher education, this book explores key topics that all academics will need to engage with in order to survive and flourish in today's increasingly complex higher education environment. Key topics include:
- connecting research and teaching in practice
- promoting critical approaches to the curriculum
- teaching for employability and understanding graduate identity
- responding to the internationalisation agenda
- engaging with the demands of the digital university
- enacting interdisciplinary approaches to teaching and scholarship
- enabling inclusive approaches to student engagement and student voice
Policy and practice debates informing these different areas are explored alongside practical guidance on how to implement and integrate key priorities into the different dimensions of their professional practice.
This is essential reading for higher education faculty undertaking professional development courses, such as the PG Certificate in Academic Practice (PGCAP), the PG Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (PGCTLHE / PGHE) and related courses, and also for early career academics wishing to deepen their understanding of contemporary higher education.