Synopses & Reviews
For Mac and Windows Users!
Discover New Ways to Have Fun with Your Photos! Make the most of your best shots with a few clicks of the mouse. Graphics pro Julie Adair King shows you some simple techniques and fun tricks for enhancing photos from digital cameras, touching up scanned images, and creating exciting collages. So why wait? Get your camera out and join in the fun! Let These Icons Guide You!
- Offers techniques and shortcuts for creating better images in less time
- Alerts you to potential problems and explains how to avoid them
- Points out information to keep in mind as you edit images
Practice the PhotoDeluxe Tricks Explained in the Book with the Files Included on CD-ROM. Plus:
- Trial versions of Dreamweaver, Photo Recall, Presto! Photo Album, and Presto! Page Manager 98
- An evaluation version of Paint Shop Pro 5.0
Shareware programs are fully functional, free trial versions of copyrighted programs. If you like particular programs, register with their authors for a nominal fee and receive licenses, enhanced versions, and technical support. Freeware programs are free, copyrighted games, applications, and utilities. You can copy them to as many PCs as you like free but they have no technical support. System Requirements: 486 or faster PC with Windows 95; or 68030 Mac with OS 7.5 or later, 16MB RAM; and a double-speed (2X or faster) CD-ROM drive
Inside, find helpful advice on how to:
- Remove red-eye, scanner dust, jaggies, and other flaws from your images
- Get a grip on baffling issues such as resolution, compression, and resampling
- Perform image-editing miracles correct color balance and enhance focus
- Create exciting text effects using a special editing technique
- Prepare images for use in a Web page or multimedia presentation
- Bend and twist images and create antique-photograph effects
- Expand your creative possibilities using layers, photo stitching, and other cool tools
Make the most of your best shots with a few clicks of the mouse. Graphics pro Julie Adair King shows you all the tips and tricks for enhancing your digital photographs with the power of Adobe PhotoDeluxe and Adobe PhotoDeluxe For Dummies, the fun and easy way to digital image editing.
With PhotoDeluxe and the techniques explained in plain English that are in Adobe PhotoDeluxe For Dummies, you can find fast and friendly ways to
* Remove red-eye, scanner dust, jaggies, and other common photographic flaws
* Get a grip on resolution, compression, and resampling
* Perform image-editing miracles, from correct color balance to enhanced focus
* Create exciting text effects by using special techniques
* Prepare your images for Web pages or multimedia presentations
* Bend and twist images to your heart's content
* Make your own old-fashioned, antique-looking pictures
* Expand your creative possibilities by using layers, photo stitching, and other cool PhotoDeluxe tools
A brave new world of digital imaging is waiting just around the corner. Get out your camera and join in the fun!
About the Author
About Julie Adair King Julie Adair King is the author of Digital Photography For Dummies® and Corel®WordPerfect® Suite 8 For Dummies®. She has also contributed to many books on digital imaging and computer graphics, including IDG Books Worldwide's Photoshop® 4 For Dummies®, CorelDRAW 7 For Dummies®, and PageMaker® 6 For Dummies®.
Table of Contents
PART I: IT'S A BRAVE NEW (DIGITAL) WORLD.
Chapter 1: Blasting onto the Image-Editing Freeway.
Chapter 2: Customizing Your Darkroom.
Chapter 3: Put a Pixel in Your Pocket.
Chapter 4: Saving Your Masterpiece.Chapter 5: Putting Pixels on Paper.
PART II: EDITING BOOT CAMP.
Chapter 6: Everyday Edits.
Chapter 7: Turning Garbage Into Gold.
Chapter 8: Selective Editing.
PART III: AMAZING FEATS OF DIGITAL TRICKERY.
Chapter 9: Open Up Your Paint Box.
Chapter 10: Better Living through Layers.
Chapter 11: Text Expressions.
Chapter 12: Wild and Wooly Pixel Adventures.
Chapter 13: Projects for a Rainy Day.
PART IV: THE PART OF TENS.
Chapter 14: Ten Ways to Wreak Havoc on an Image.
Chapter 15: Top Ten PhotoDeluxe Brain Teasers.
Chapter 16: Ten PhotoDeluxe Shortcuts.
Chapter 17: Ten Online Resources.
PART V: APPENDIXES.
Appendix A: Installing PhotoDeluxe.
Appendix B: About the CD.
IDG Books Worldwide End-User License Agreement.
Book Registration Information.