Synopses & Reviews
Get the answers to 365 of the most commonly asked questions about Lightroom
Photographers who are getting acquainted with Photoshop Lightroom and all its advantages for managing large quantities of images will find this handy book an indispensable resource. Veteran photographer Stan Sholik answers 365 of the most frequently asked questions about the new Lightroom 4 in an informative, practical format, making it easy to find what you're looking for and put the information to use. Sample photos illustrate questions and answers, and a quick-reference guide provides easy access to must-have information.
- This guide is the first in a new series designed to provide practical answers to common questions about popular technologies
- Written by a veteran commercial and illustrative photographer who has developed a national reputation for his wide range of technology-oriented specialties
- Offers practical information about Lightroom 4 that photographers can use immediately
- Designed to provide succinct, usable answers to common questions, with actual photos to illustrate and a format that makes it easy to locate the desired information
Photoshop Lightroom 4 FAQz helps you take full advantage of all Lightroom 4 has to offer.
Providing a succinct and reliable source of answers for 365 of the most frequently asked Adobe Lightroom questions is the goal of Photoshop Lightroom 3 FAQz. Using his photography skills and Photoshop Lightroom experience, Stan Sholik responds to each question with informative, practical replies that eliminate ambiguity and instead provide straightforward and authoritative answers. One or more photos will help illustrate questions and answers where appropriate; a roadmap and quick reference guide are provided to give photographers easy access to must-know information; and a straightforward, design makes it easy for readers to find just what they are looking for.
Expert answers to 365 Lightroom 4 questions
If you're a serious photographer, you probably use Lightroom. So you probably have questions. The straightforward answers in this book not only help you solve problems and get back to work, but also suggest tips and techniques to help you work smarter.
Learn how to:
- Maximize the value of the keywording feature
- Import, preview, and edit video
- Find the profiles for your camera model
- Determine compression settings for JPEG files
- Move beyond the Library and Develop modules
About the Author
Stan Sholik is a veteran commercial, advertising, and illustrative photographer and the author of HDR Efex Pro After the Shoot, also published by Wiley.
Table of Contents
Part I: Organize
Customizing the Workspace
Part II: Develop
History and Snapshots
Tone Curve Panel
Split Toning Panel
Lens Corrections Panel
Camera Calibration Panel
Part III: Output