Synopses & Reviews
Comprehensive in scope and contemporary in coverage, this book extends and updates the knowledge of the reader to the most modern topics in Electronic Communications systems. Numerous examples throughout provide readers with real-life applications of the concepts of analog and digital communications systems, while chapter-end questions and problems give them a chance to test and review their understanding of fundamental and key topics. Modern digital and data communications systems, microwave radio communications systems, satellite communications systems, and optical fiber communications systems. Cellular and PCS telephone systems coverage presents the latest and most innovative technological advancements being made in cellular communication systems. Optical fiber communications chapter includes new sections on light sources, optical power, optical sources and link budget. Current topics include trellis encoding, CCITT modem recommendations, PCM line speed, extended superframe format, wavelength division multiplexing, Kepler's laws, Clark orbits, limits of visibility, Satellite Radio Navigation and Navstar GPS. For the study of electronic communications systems.
Comprehensive in scope and contemporary in coverage, this text explores modern digital and data communications systems, microwave radio communications systems and satellite communications systems.
The sixth edition of Advanced Electronic Communications Systems
provides a comprehensive coverage of modern systems including digital communications, optical fiber communications, terrestrial and satellite systems, and the wireless environment. Significant material has been added, including:
- Three chapters on telephone circuits and systems
- Two chapters on cellular and PCS telephone systems
- Three chapters on fundamental concepts of data communications and networking
- New and updated figures
This text is designed for undergraduate communications courses in which students have prior knowledge of some basic electronic principles as well as an understanding of mathematics through the fundamental concepts of calculus.
Table of Contents
1. Optical Fiber Transmission Media.
2. Digital Modulation.
3. Introduction to Data Communications and Networking.
4. Fundamental Concepts of Data Communications.
5. Data–Link Protocols and Data Communications Networks.
6. Digital Transmission.
7. Digital T-Carriers and Multiplexing.
8. Telephone Instruments and Signals.
9. The Telephone Circuit.
10. The Public Telephone Network.
11. Cellular Telephone Concepts.
12. Cellular Telephone Systems.
13. Microwave Radio Communications and System Gain.
14. Satellite Communications.
15. Satellite Multiple Accessing Arrangements.
Answers to Selected Problems.