Synopses & Reviews
Agile development processes foster better collaboration, innovation, and results. So why limit their use to software projects—when you can transform your entire business?
Written by agile-mentoring expert Jochen Krebs, this book illuminates the opportunities—and rewards—of applying agile processes to your overall IT portfolio.
Whether project manager, business analyst, or executive—you’ll understand the business drivers behind agile portfolio management. And learn best practices for optimizing results.
Use agile processes to align IT and business strategy
- Adapt and extend core agile processes
- Orchestrate the collaboration between IT and business vision
- Eliminate wish-list driven requirements, and manage expectations instead
- Optimize the balance of projects, resources, and assets in your portfolio
- Use metrics to communicate project status, quality, even team morale
- Create a portfolio strategy consistent with the goals of the organization
- Achieve organizational and process transparency
- Manage your business with agility—and help maximize the returns!
About the Author
Jochen Krebs is an accomplished agile mentor and instructor, and the founder of an agile coaching and training services company. He spearheads the local chapter of Agile Project Leadership Network (APLN) in New York, speaks at industry conferences and corporate events, and has written numerous articles about agile practices. He is also the coauthor of the IBM RATIONAL UNIFIED PROCESS REFERENCE AND CERTIFICATION GUIDE.
Table of Contents
- Praise for Agile Project Management
- Part I: Agile for Managers
- Chapter 1: Motivations
- Chapter 2: Agile Software Development
- Chapter 3: Project Management
- Part II: Defining, Planning, and Measuring Portfolios
- Chapter 4: Foundation
- Chapter 5: Metrics
- Chapter 6: Return on Investment
- Chapter 7: Project Portfolio Management
- Chapter 8: Resource Portfolio Management
- Chapter 9: Asset Portfolio Management
- Chapter 10: Portfolios in Action