Synopses & Reviews
• Full-color, fully-annotated maps to light the way. With ammunition, supplies, collectibles, weapons, Safe Havens, and much more labeled on every one to assure a complete tour through the horrors of Bright Falls.
• Every Achievement is listed, showing the name, the description before and after you succeed, plus details on how to achieve each one.
• All six Episodes are given a complete and incredibly detailed walkthrough written in a narrative style. The most important parts are highlighted so you can skip to the "good bits" or read the story completely through.
• There are over 300 collectibles, Achievements, Easter eggs, and encounters to tally up while playing. The guide has comprehensive lists for all of them, including locations and the Episodes where (and when) each one can be found.
* A unique guide, brimming with documents, maps, resident biographies, and a full walkthrough.
* All six Episodes are given a complete and incredibly detailed Walkthrough. The most important parts are highlighted, and every area receives a full-color, fully-annotated map.
* Clues are embedded throughout the book of the dark and deadly forces lurking in this Pacific Northwest adventure.
* The true horror of Alan Wake is always implied, but never explicitly ruined, in-keeping with the thrill of the game. However, the large number of "collectibles" in the game are shown, as well as how to complete all Achievements.
Table of Contents
Survival in a Hostile Climate
Episode One: Nightmare
Episode Two: Taken
Episode Three: Ransom
Episode Four: The Truth
Episode Five: The Clicker
Episode Six: Departure
Appendices and Further Notes
Reading Group Guide
Alan Wake, acclaimed thriller writer, takes a vacation to idyllic Bright Falls, Washington to escape the pressures of city life and overcome his writer's block. Wake's troubles soon become much more urgent than looming deadlines, and his time away quickly descends into all-out terror. To overcome the darkness that shrouds Bright Falls, one must seek out the light. It is hoped that Alan Wake: The Official Survival Guide
bears the torch you need.
"Survival in a Hostile Climate" will acquaint you with key locations in and around Bright Falls, WA. You'll also learn the basics of survival in the woods, including finding supplies and staying healthy, the best vehicles for quick maneuvering, the foes you'll encounter, and how to effectively wield weapons and light sources to beat back the encroaching darkness.
The history, biographical information, and psychological profiles presented in "Psychological Evaluations" tell you everything you need to know about the people visiting and living in the Bright Falls area. A little insight into the characters you meet could prove invaluable as you struggle to uncover the secrets hidden in the woods.
"Episodic Evidence" represents the most comprehensive field notes yet found regarding the whereabouts, tasks, violent encounters, dangers, and general well-being of author Alan Wake. Presented in a novelistic, narrative style, these complete and detailed walkthroughs will guide you through Alan Wake's Episodes. Plus, they're packed with information about collectibles, people of interest, combat strategies, and relevant asides.
To ensure you haven't missed any vital collectibles or Achievements, refer to "Appendices." Each Achievement is presented with tips for how to obtain them. Also included are checklists for all the collectibles, from Easter eggs to Songs, complete with locations for each.