Synopses & Reviews
Fans of Sarah Dessen and Huntley Fitzpatrick will enjoy this smart debut young adult novel, equal parts My Life Next Door and The Princess Diariesplus a dash of Aaron Sorkin
Kate Quinns mom died last year, leaving Kate parentless and reeling. So when the unexpected shows up in her living room, Kate must confront another reality she never thought possibleor thought of at all. Kate does have a father. Hes a powerful politician. And hes running for U.S. President. Suddenly, Kates moving in with a family she never knew she had, joining a campaign in support of a man she hardly knows, and falling for a rebellious boy who may not have the purest motives. This is Kates new life. But who is Kate? When what she truly believes flies in the face of the campaigns talking points, she must decide. Does she turn to the family she barely knows, the boy she knows but doesnt necessarily trust, or face a third, even scarier option?
Set against a backdrop of politics, family, and first love, this is a story of personal responsibility, complicated romance, and trying to discover who you are even as everyone tells you who you should be.
Top Ten Reasons Samantha Madison is in Deep Trouble
10. Her big sister is the most popular girl in school
9. Her little sister is a certified genius
8. She's in love with her big sister's boyfriend
7. She got caught selling celebrity portraits in school
6. And now she's being forced to take art classes
5. She's just saved the president of the United Statesfrom an assassination attempt
4. So the whole world thinks she is a hero
3. Even though Sam knows she is far, far from being a hero
2. And now she's been appointed teen ambassador to the UN
And the number-one reason Sam's life is over?
1. The president's son just might be in love with her
About the Author
Meg Cabot's many series and books for both adults and tweens/teens have included multiple #1 New York Times bestsellers and have sold over fifteen million copies worldwide. Her Princess Diaries series has been published in more than thirty-eight countries and was made into two hit films by Disney. Meg also wrote the New York Times bestselling Mediator, Airhead, and Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls series; Insatiable; and the award-winning novels All-American Girl and Avalon High. Meg lives in Key West with her husband and two cats.