Synopses & Reviews
Like St. John's wort, which jumped into prominence virtually overnight as a natural alternative to depression drugs, alpha lipoic acid is on the verge of becoming celebrated as one of the most effective anti-aging fighters we know, according to physician and researcher Burton Berkson. This is the definitive book about its healing properties.
About the Author
Burt Berkson, M.D., Ph.D., one of the world's foremost authorities on alpha lipoic acid, is the principal FDA investigator for its intravenous use and a consultant to the national Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Table of Contents
1. How Modern Life Affects Health: The ALA Connection
2. Biology, Nutrition, and Supplements: The Role of ALA in Keeping Us Healthy
3. Aging: How ALA Can Slow It Down
4. Fighting the Free Radicals That Cause Aging and Cellular Damage: ALA As Antioxidant and Chelating Agent
5. Cancer: Can ALA Treat and Prevent Cancer?
6. Liver Function: The Important Role of ALA
7. Diabetes Mellitus: How ALA Can Treat Complications
8. Heart Attack, Stroke, and Cardiovascular Disease: How ALA Can Help
9. My Prescription for Good Health: ALA As Part of a Whole-Life Plan