Synopses & Reviews
The Breastfeeding Book Your Doctor Recommends
Why is breastfeeding best for my baby? Will I like it? What if it hurts? What happens when my maternity leave is over? Will I be able to use a breast pump? How can I make this work?
The American Academy of Pediatrics, the organization that represents the nations finest pediatricians, answers these questions and many more in this invaluable resource to help you and your baby get the healthiest possible start. The benefits of breastfeeding will last a lifetime, for both you and your baby.
Here is everything new mothers need to know about breastfeeding. From preparing for the first feeding to adjusting to home, family, and work life as a nursing mother, this comprehensive resource covers:
• Preparing for breastfeeding before your baby is born
• Breastfeeding benefits for mothers and babies, including the most recent neurological, psychological, and immunological research showing why breastfeeding enhances your infants immune system and protects against many common illnesses
• Establishing a nursing routine and what to do when you return to work
• The fathers role and creating a postpartum support network
• Handling special situations, from C-sections to premature births
• Breastfeeding beyond infancy
• Weaning your baby
• Solutions to common breastfeeding challenges
• And much more
Mothers everywhere will find this book an indispensable guide to one of lifes most important decisions.
From the foremost authority on children's health comes an authoritative and accessible illustrated guide to breastfeeding for new mothers.