Synopses & Reviews
The most complete self-care guide available from the leaders in diabetes information
The most up-to-date information on:
• New Diabetes Drugs and Insulin
• Achieving Blood Sugar Control
• Preventing Complications
• Handling Emergencies
• Using a Meter
• Insulin Pumps
• And Much, Much More
The American Diabetes Association — the nations leading health organization supporting diabetes research, information, and advocacy — has revised this one-volume sourcebook to bring you all the information you need to live an active, healthy life with diabetes.
This comprehensive home reference gives you information on the best self-care techniques and latest medical breakthroughs. No matter what type of diabetes you have, this extraordinary guide will answer all your questions.
Find out how to:
• Choose the best health-care team for you
• Maintain tight control over blood glucose levels
• Buy, use, and store insulin
• Recognize warning signs of low blood sugar
• Design an effective exercise and weight-loss plan
• Save money on supplies
• Maximize insurance coverage
• Balance family demands and diabetes
• And more
This newly revised and fully updated edition of the most comprehensive and authoritative guide to diabetes includes all the information readers need to live an active, healthy life. Original.
About the Author
The American Diabetes Assocation is the nation's leading voluntary health organization supporting diabetes research, information, and advocacy. Founded in 1940, the Assocation provides services to communities across the country. Its mission is to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.