Synopses & Reviews
- Features Kaya in a new story--a suspenseful and poignant mystery.
- Mysteries are an ever-popular genre among girls.
- Meets customers demand for new stories about favorite AGC characters.
- Meets customer demand for longer, more challenging AGC novels--story is written at a fourth-grade level and runs about twice as long as earlier AGC books.
- Written by AGC author Janet Shaw, who wrote the original Kaya books
- Includes a full-color Looking Back.
- Paperbacks include a tear-off bookmark on back cover flap.
As Kaya's village prepares for the winter, an injured stranger arrives. The young woman doesn't speak, and no one can reach her but Kaya's beloved dog, Tatlo. Includes a tear-off bookmark that lets girls match the animals in the story with their tracks, just like Kaya. Illustrations. Consumable.
Kaya's village is preparing for the powerful winter Spirit Dances when an injured stranger arrives. The young woman doesn't speak, and no one can reach her but Kaya's beloved dog, Tatlo. Who is the stranger, and why is she so silent and alone? Will she bring harm to the village--or take Tatlo away from Kaya? Kaya searches for clues about the woman-- but she must look deep inside her own heart to truly understand her. When she does, Kaya not only solves the mystery but takes a brave step toward growing up.