Synopses & Reviews
* Over 70,000 entries
* Thoroughly revised and updated
* 1,000 new words and meanings
* Over 400 photographs and illustrations
* Expert guidance on correct usage
Based on the bestselling American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
American Heritage(R) dictionaries are widely known as the most innovative and informative dictionaries in today's market. This all-new fourth edition of the best-selling classic continues that tradition with its clear and precise definitions, its expert usage guidance, and its wealth of illustrations. Newly updated to reflect our changing language, this revised edition is the most up-to-date and authoritative dictionary available today.
* More than a thousand new entries for such terms as e-tailer, zine, bioreserve, chatroom, red card, domestic partner
* More biographical and geographical entries than any other paperback, thoroughly updated for the new millennium
* The most lavishly illustrated dictionary on the market -- with over 400 images
* Expert usage guidance based on the American Heritage(R) Usage Panel
* Regional notes from around the country
* Hundreds of synonym lists, fascinating etymologies, and much more
American Heritage(R) Dictionaries. Setting a new standard.
From slang to the latest medical, scientific, and technological terms, this fourth edition is thoroughly revised, offering the most up-to-date and authoritative dictionary available today. High school & older.