Synopses & Reviews
The ultimate buying guide to America's most popular and accessible wines!
The first guide to buying wine that grades the top-selling premium wines in stores and restaurants: popular supermarket brands, trade-up brands, and super-premium labels. Andrea Immer, one of America's foremost wine authorities, surveyed thousands of wine professionals and ordinary consumers, who assess what really matters most taste and value for the money. She also provides:
- Best-of lists: The top performing wines
- Immer Best Bets: Andrea Immer's top picks for every major buying dilemma, from inexpensive crowd pleasers to blue-chip choices for business entertaining
- "The Top Fifty Wines You're Not Drinking": These wines are less well known, but offer good availability and great value
- Immersion Course: Quick and easy label-reading lessons to give you instant buying expertise
- Kitchen Countertop (and Fridge) Survivor grades: How long will the wine keep after it's opened? Now you'll know the wines' "freshness window" after opening.
"Immer scores another hit with this annual update of her wine buying guide....The 600 individual wine entries...focus on wines that are readily available in stores and restaurants..." Publishers Weekly
Andrea Immer's Wine Buying Guide for Everyone was the toast of wine lovers everywhere when it hit the shelves last summer. Now it's time for the book's annual update, with two hundred new choices in a survey of more than six hundred top-selling wines in America.
A survey of more than six hundred top-selling wines features readily available labels and evaluates each for taste and value, discussing the author's favorites, reading labels, best bets, and top performers. Original.