Synopses & Reviews
Compact, fluff-free, full-color guide to getting the most out of Apple’s Aperture digital photography software
This handy Portable Genius guide is designed to help you avoid hassle, save time, and quickly learn what you need to know to use Apple’s Aperture digital photography software effectively—and have fun while you’re doing it! In a trim size that fits in your laptop bag, this practical guide gives you tips, tricks, and savvy advice on everything from navigating Aperture’s user interface to advanced RAW image processing, publishing albums on the Web, and how to create your own photo book.
- Provides tips and techniques for the new or most useful features of Apple's Aperture 3 digital photography and digital manipulation program
- Includes savvy advice and plenty of no-nonsense content in a hip way that is easy to access
- Covers key tools and topics, including keyboard shortcuts, how to streamline workflows, advanced RAW image processing, and more
- Features Genius icons throughout the book—smart or innovative ways to handle tasks and save yourself time
Learn Aperture in a fun way and get even more out of your Apple digital lifestyle with Aperture 3 Portable Genius.
Mac users are passionate and loyal and these books capture that same feeling in pedagogy and series style. Titles in the Portable Geniusseries are not comprehensive; instead they aim to provide readers with the most accessible, useful information possible by giving readers tips and techniques for the most used features in a product or software. Genius icons present smart or innovative ways to do something; in many cases, this will be a way that readers can save time or hassle. A handy smaller trim size makes it easy for readers to carry with them essential information on the hottest tips and tricks for Aperture 2. They’ll find savvy advice on everything from getting started using the new streamlined interface to intermediate information and tips covering the coolest features such as advanced RAW image processing, customizable keyboard shortcuts for streamlining workflow, as well as publishing albums on the web or creating and customizing printed hard or softcover photo book.
* Aperture 2 is a robust digital photography organization, workflow, and manipulation application program designed for digital photographers
* This no-nonsense, hip guide provides readers with the most essential techniques so they can maximize their use of all the new and dramatic features of Aperture 2
* Offers tips on using the new streamlined interface that houses projects, metadata, and adjustments in one location
* Provides how-to info on advanced RAW image processing so readers can produce the highest-quality images; customizable keyboard shortcuts to streamline workflow; and techniques for publishing albums on the Web or creating and customizing hardcover or softcover photo books
Hip tips and techniques for making the most of the features in Aperture
Aperture is a robust digital photography organization, workflow, and manipulation program that provides you with a streamlined way of editing, adjusting, and delivering photos online and in print.
This user-friendly, compact guide provides you with tips, tricks, and secrets to help you get moving with the newest and most popular features of Aperture. You'll find savvy advice on getting started with the sleek, new interface as well as helpful information on more intermediate-level features to try out. Shows how to take advantage of advanced RAW image processing Explains using customizable keyboard shortcuts for streamlining workflow Demonstrates publishing albums on the Web Helps you speed through edits, make essential adjustments, and deliver photos online and in print
If you're excited to get the most from your digital lifestyle using Aperture, then this resource is for you
The Genius is in.
You don't have to be a genius to use Aperture 3. But if you want to get the very most out of the software, put this savvy Portable Genius guide to work. Want to organize your images with Faces? Use GPS data to explore photos by the location? Import video? Create advanced, multimedia slide shows? You'll find cool and useful Genius tips, full-color screenshots, and pages of easy-to-access shortcuts and tools that will save you loads of time and let you enjoy Aperture 3 to the max.
Fun, hip, and straightforward, the new Portable Genius series gives forward-thinking Apple users useful information in handy, compact books that are easy to navigate and don't skimp on the essentials. Collect the whole series and make the most of your Apple digital lifestyle.
About the Author
, PhD, is an Apple Certified Trainer in Aperture. She is coauthor, along with Josh Anon, of Photoshop CS5 for Nature Photographers: A Workshop in a Book
and Aperture Exposed: The Mac Photographer's Guide to Taming the Workflow
Josh Anon is a Camera and Staging Artist at Pixar Animation Studios and an award-winning still photographer. He is cofounder of DSLRU.com and an instructor for the Panasonic Digital Photo Academy.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: How Do I Get Started with Aperture?
Chapter 2: How Do I Import Images?
Chapter 3: What Methods Can I Use to See My Images?
Chapter 4: How Can I Use Metadata to Organize and Find My Images?
Chapter 5: How Do I Use Faces and Places to Categorize My Images?
Chapter 6: What Tools Can I Use to Make My Images Better?
Chapter 7: What Options Do I Have to Create a Physical Copy of My Photos?
Chapter 8: How Can I Share My Images Digitally?
Chapter 9: How Can I Use Aperture with My HDSLR’S Video Files?
Chapter 10: How Can Aperture Make My Workflow Smoother?